Monday, March 16, 2009

When I left you I was but the learner now I am the master

Chi levels feel quite low today. I hate the fact that over the past few years it has become somewhat fashionable for people to identify themselves as 'rednecks'. This strange celebration of yokels which usually coincides with the waving of the confederate flag really riles me up. Maybe my defination of redneck is different from those identifiying themselves as such but to me it conjured up images of racism, the KKK, lynch mobs and all the fun stuff. When I was in seventh grade in a small town in Massachusetts there were groups of kids in my school who thought of themselves as 'rednecks' and they were the most openly racist, douchebags in pracitcally the whole school. Perhaps it stems from that fact that white people sort of lack culture in some sense. By that I mean if your not strongly ethnic Irish, Italian, jewish etc; Your just an 'American' and what the fuck is that? Just some white person. Ahhh bad times. Need to raise chi levels to their proper place for tommorow.

No comments: