Monday, September 1, 2008

Late night ruminations.

There was this girl at work that I used to talk to. I met her when I was at the deli counter and she said she wanted some roast beef. She wanted to pick it up later at 2AM when she was going to take her break. I had to inform her sadly that alas, by that hour all of the deli personell would have long since gone. She had a strange hairdo Amy, a kind of half mohwak affair that went down her back. That was what had intruiged me the most. I felt that someone with such an uorthodox style of hair would somehow share a similiar veiw of the world as myself. So I saw her later in the break room and we chatted and seemed to click somehow. I was somehwhat interested in her even though I knew she was seeing someone because she told me in one of our first conversations as a sort of offhand remark. So it was that we would exchange oucassional exchanges for a few moments when he saw each other. I always felt inspired somehow when I saw her my spirits were raised just a slight bit, and the world seemed to be ok. Still it was kind of strange she seemed somewhat inspired by me but after a while our conversations ceased. In part it was because I felt kind of strange after I got a girlfriend to be speaking to her. Its strange how the issue of sex seems to be a kind of impediment for men/women relationships. I was talking to a former friend of mine who espoused the view that there were no male female relationships were the male wasn't harboring at least some hope of banging the female. And it is easy to understand this prespective . Still it seems somewhat sweeping to say that such a union is entirely impossible and has never existed. In some ways I felt more intruiged by Amy then attracted to her. She seemed somewhat enigmatic and interesting. I had heard later that she got another job and it saddened me. Still for a few months anyway I felt that we had a sort of association that despite being breif had affected me strongly.

No comments: